ANNOUNCING NEW COLORADO TRAVEL EDUCATION INITIATIVE!
Dear CHLA Members,
I’m excited to share the news that the Colorado Hotel and Lodging Association has joined the Colorado Tourism Office (CTO) and the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics in an unprecedented initiative to educate travelers about traveling responsibly in Colorado. As a valued member of the CHLA, you are invited to join us in this important effort to inspire guests to help protect what makes our state such an extraordinary place to visit.
At no charge, you can join this partnership as a Supporting Company (Level I) and gain access to messaging, videos and other materials developed by the Colorado Tourism Office to educate your guests about the Care for Colorado Principles. You are welcome to examine these materials, which have been collected in the CTO’s Care for Colorado Principles Industry Toolkit.
Or, if you are interested in a deeper commitment, you can take steps to become a Leave No Trace Colorado Tourism Sustainability Partner (Level II) and also gain access to annual Leave No Trace training, certification, and recognition from both CTO and Leave No Trace. Additionally, Level II Partners qualify for the following benefits:
- Recognition on Colorado.com and the Leave No Trace website as an official Leave No Trace Colorado Tourism Sustainability Partner.
- Inclusion in a new category at bottom of Colorado.com homepage that lists Leave No Trace Colorado Tourism Sustainability Partners.
- Recognition in references on Colorado.com, CTO publications and in other CTO channels as appropriate.
- Use of official seal certifying your organization as a Leave No Trace Colorado Tourism Sustainability Partner.
- Permission to use the Care for Colorado Seven Principles in your company’s messaging language (with respect to branding requirements described in the toolkit.)
- Permission to customize the CTO’s “Are You Colo-Ready?” brochure to communicate Colorado travel tips and the Care for Colorado Principles for your customers. (Production and publication of the brochure would be at your expense.)
Annual fees for Level II participation are based on the number of employees, as follows:
- 1-50 employees: $250
- 50-100 employees: $500
- More than 100 employees: $800
Please visit https://industry.colorado.com/CFCPartnership to fill out the application for your preferred level of participation. I hope you will give serious consideration to this opportunity for our industry to share a strong and unified message across our state to inspire travelers to show care for our state.
President & CEO